TRANSLATION -- select your language below:

September 22, 2014

The chicken inspector

No, the title of this post does not refer to an employee of the US Department of Agriculture.  Rather, as seen in the photo to the left below, it refers to my backyard chicken who is inspecting a row of clones from my 'Red Galaxy' rose bush.  Speaking of clones, I've come a long way from the single clone that I talked about in my post of August 26, 2012 which was titled The clones are coming !   It would now be accurate to say that they have arrived !  The clones shown below were grown from cuttings that I took in early June, so they are doing quite well in just 3½ months.   The mother of the clones, 'Red Galaxy', was also looking good today considering that Fall begins in just a few hours -- 7:29 pm (PST) tonight.  Its photo is on the right.


The chicken inspector
'Red Galaxy'