TRANSLATION -- select your language below:

April 30, 2017

Waiting patiently

The first open blooms in my backyard rose bed have generally appeared between the 20th of April and the 15th of May.  This having been the coldest and wettest Winter in the 10 years that I've been here, it looks like it's going to be middle of May this year.  In the meantime, I do routine inspections of the rose bushes, at least on those days when it's not "raining cats and dogs" (find the origin of this expression by doing a Google search).  During today's inspection tour, I spotted a well camouflaged visitor to the garden.  Fortunately, it stayed put until I was able to get my camera, and also do a quick recharge of the camera's batteries after a long Winter.  See if you can spot the visitor in the photo below --


The camouflaged dragonfly
April 30,  2017