TRANSLATION -- select your language below:

June 30, 2017

Some early Summer blooms

It's been a while since my last post, but I haven't forgotten you.  I have some more pretty rose bloom photos to share, and once again they show the variety of flowers produced by the seedlings that I've grown from an open-pollinated 'Queen Elizabeth' parent.  Another point of interest:  look below the foliage in these photos to see the low-growing ground cover that's beginning to turn brown.  Quite a bit of Sagina procumbens has invaded the back yard rose bed, adding to the already present moss and liverwort patches.  Which will become dominant is anybody's guess.

Photo taken:  June 29,  2017
Photo taken:  June 20,  2017

Photo taken:  June 29,  2017
Photo taken:  June 21,  2017

Update of July 2, 2017:     To aid you in remembering what a 'Queen Elizabeth' bloom looks like, I took a photo earlier today of a cluster of seven blooms on one of my 'QE' rose bushes (I guess "seven" is reflective of the fact that I also have seven 'QE' rose bushes) --

Blooms on a 'Queen Elizabeth' rose bush
Photo taken:  July 2,  2017