TRANSLATION -- select your language below:

May 28, 2018

Stellar performers

I've devoted quite a bit of "ink" in this blog to 'Red Galaxy', a rose that I grew from seed and to which I  gave a descriptive name.  In turn, I grew another rose (unnamed) from seed that I obtained from 'Red Galaxy'.  The two roses are now growing side-by-side in my backyard rose bed.  Here they are in photos that I took today -- unnamed seedling on the left, and 'Red Galaxy' on the right.  Note the state-of-the-art weather station in the foreground.

Unnamed seedling
'Red Galaxy'

Close-up photos of respective blooms are shown below.  Important note:  I've been tracking the unnamed seedling from its "birth" in a photo documentary that you can see just by clicking on the TAB at the top of this blog, the one labeled "A rose seedling grows up".


Unnamed seedling
'Red Galaxy'