TRANSLATION -- select your language below:

May 29, 2019

Morning and Evening

The roses are beginning to really look good here in late May.   Just this morning I spotted a pretty dragonfly still asleep in his safe haven.  The day wouldn't be complete without a photo of a peaceful rose bed in the evening light -- I stood on a bench to get a better vantage point to see over the tops of roses that are reaching for the sky.


9:26 am     May 29,  2019
8:36 pm    May 29,  2019

Update of June 11,  2019:     I  couldn't resist taking another "evening  photo" today.   Even though this rose has blooms of just 5 petals, I consider it one of my prettiest.  The bloom shown below in particular has a diameter of 3½ inches.  The sun is setting much later this time of the year, so there is still plenty of light to accentuate the whiteness.

8:03 pm     June 11,  2019